Starting with IPEX 2002, this blog covers events relevant for UK print, including Seybold and DRUPA. See also website at www.atford.co.uk

Monday, October 09, 2017

Continuing what happened to Cross Media?

I did a post on LinkedIn recently after LikeMinds in Exeter. Jason Miller from LinkeIn surprised me by announcing that the "best bits" of the online marketing blogs are now available in a print magazine. Intended as quarterly. This reminded me about "Cross Media" but I could not find any recent links. So I wonder what has happened and how it is described.

There has been one comment, from Gee Ranasinha-

I think for most marketers 'cross channel' has morphed into today's 'mot du jour': omnichannel".
I understood cross-channel to mean repurposing content originally designed for one channel, into another. Creating a print ad, email newsletter and landing page for the same campaign, for example. For me the "omnichannel' approach is taking a more holistic view of content - i.e. not 'imposing' (if you'll pardon the printing pun) a potentially restrictive structure on content until it's destined for output. It comes from a position that most customers navigate across numerous touchpoints prior to purchase.
An omnichannel approach ostensibly places higher value on customer experience, with a network of channels working together and interdependently, with the goal of a more consistent (and hopefully positive) brand experience.

This makes a lot of sense. I will check out how it connects with the Print Show in Telford and IPEX at the NEC.

Known events-

11th Oct      12.30   LinkedIn for Lead Generation  John Heffernan
12th Oct      13.40   Win with Web , Win with Print  Rob Finnie


1 Nov           15.30  Print in Publishing  Alice Audley 



  John Heffernan
@grafeniaplc  Rob Finnie
@KEXINO    Gee Ranasinha
@AliceAudley   Alice Audley
@JasonMillerCA Jason Miller


me Will Pollard @will789gb

continues as tweets, Pulse update later



No comments: