Starting with IPEX 2002, this blog covers events relevant for UK print, including Seybold and DRUPA. See also website at www.atford.co.uk

Friday, October 27, 2017

Hello @whattheythink , What To Think about #OmniChannel at IPEX2017 ?

Expanded tweet as some space required. I am getting back to blog mode re print after some time away.

I notice there is no sign yet of @whattheythink at IPEX. I have found a tweet linked to a Ricoh press release.

So headline for day one something like this is not the IPEX we might expect.

Headline for day two needs to explain what happens next.

I did a LinkedIn post on what happened to Cross Media as a term ?

My impression was that it did not make the same impact now as at the time of the previous IPEX.

Gee Ranasinha ( @KEXINO on Twitter ) told me that the current marketing term is "OmniChannel" .

I have tried to check this out. seems to be about retail as well as media but maybe online they mix up anyway.

Google check found his info is sound.



Cross Media still used at print shows, such as The Print Show recently in Telford.



Also found on @whattheythink, Jennifer Matt in 2016.

But I suggest #omnichannel could be a future term. I tried out Adobe Spark as a way to get thought down below a minute. Conclusion is that even if several words mean the same thing best to use the ones people already understand or think they do.

Continues at IPEX and online. Will check @whattheythink on Twitter

By the way The Print Show at Telford seemed fairly solid as an annual event for UK only.  My guess is that IPEX could develop into something different, maybe more discussion and a wider scope. To include #OmniChannel with explanation. Not sure how often, three years is a long time for software.

No comments: